.

An Argentine Tours Atlanta - Thanks Norberto

Hooked on Houses is hosting her "Hooked on Fridays" blog party; I hope y'all will click here and have look. Today, I'm hooked on an Argentinian's (Norberto Feal) pictures of Atlanta. Certainly Norberto is an Architecture Tourist of the first order. I'm very happy to have a new perspective. And -by the way- this is my 200th post as Architecture Tourist.

Last week I was honored to receive this email. I guess he found me by Googling "Atlanta Architecture."
I write you from Buenos Aires, Argentina. Last year I visit Atlanta: I was
enjoy your wonderful city; and now I am writing an article -I am
architecture historian and critic- about David Yocum & Brian Bell Atlanta
office of architecture; and I discover your blog: Nice.

I send you the photos of some Atlanta buildings that I love.

Regards
Norberto (Feal)
So lets have a look. This first one in is near Murphy Avenue, near the office of architects Brian Bell and David Yocum. This is a neighborhood that time has nearly forgotten. Not anyone's destination but it's full of fascinating reminders.

Near-Murphy-Avenue-Detail-Oval-Permits

What a porch!

Near-Murphy-Avenue

Love the delicate details on the columns, the mini dentils, the transoms over windows and doors, beefy window moldings. Looks like there are permits in the oval window. Somebody has recognized this jewel.

Near-Murphy-Avenue-Detail

This is the modest stair to a conservative facade in Ansley Park. From here you'd never guess that the back side of the house is ultra modern.

35-Lafayette-Drive

What was Norberto thinking? I'd say that this 4-square is still getting the job done perhaps after a variety of assignments. Who doesn't love the picket fence on the wall.

1012-Jumper-Street

Getting down to the details: Diamond lights and impossibly proportioned shutters make the whole window into something else, just something else. And what about the brick coins?

1012-Jumper-Street-Window-Coin-Shutter-Detail

Are there repurposed IHOPs (International House Of Pancakes) in Argentina? I hope so.

Mandarin-Palace-129-Piedmont-Avenue-IHOP

Thanks so much Norberto. Hope you get back to Atlanta.

Thanks to Hooked on Houses' "Hooked on Fridays" blog party.