.

Problem with scale - my brain can't process this.

See the update at the bottom. I took a few more pictures.

My weekly errands now take me north of Paces Ferry, south of the Chattahoochee. It's as upscale as Atlanta gets. It's woodsy, hilly, curvy, remote but close in, almost like being the mountains. It's the scene for bodacious tear-downs.

I now drive by this one each week and my brain just can process it. It's not optical illusion. The bigger one demonstrates what high ceilings do for you. The small one isn't small.
P1030880-2010-09-08-Mt.-Paron-Scale-Illustration

In Ashford Park the lots are a bit smaller.
PC011402-Dresden-Ellijay-Giant-Nextto-Original

Update September 13.
I took a few more pictures. The smaller house is a bit further back from the road but not much. Here it is. This is the size and scale of the original houses on the street. Very nice I think. Probably has 8' ceilings and thus not cool today.
P1040019-2010-09-13-Scale-Mismatch-Detail-Stand-Alone-Small-House

This stretch is a victim of bad timing. If the boom had continued, the "little" house might be gone by now or the big house would have bodacious landscaping to compensate.
But for now.
P1040018-2010-09-13-Scale-Mismatch

P1040019-2010-09-13-Scale-Mismatch