.

Before / After

Hooked on Houses is hosting her "Hooked on Fridays" blog party; I hope y'all will click here and have look. This week I'm hooked on the change to our house. This is just a taste. You can make each picture bigger: Click the picture and select "all sizes." I'm also participating in my first Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch! Hope I'm doing it right.

The neighborhood, Morningside, had been down and was coming back. It's a post-war minimal traditional built in 1950. The first owners enclosed the porch, added a laundry room / workshop and raised 3 children. I was raised in a house almost exactly like this.

We bought it in 1977. We stared having our children in 1983. In 1988 Bill Harrison, a friend from my Georgia Tech days and Gordon Stringer, a local designer began to transform our house.

1978-Facade

PB090104BunnyBW

PB271390-Going-Home

P3072301-Reeder-Pink-Poinsettia

Here is the east facade from the Rock Creek ravine. Very tough to get a picture from down here.

1978-East-Facade

2008-East-Facade-From-ESE

PC061459-2008-East-Face-From-SE

PA140945PatioToNNW

PB090085TilePatio

The north facade didn't change much but we got a great elevated porch and good place for parties.

1978-Rear-Facade

P5140157

Gordon told us to paint the ceiling blue. We did and the porch went from feeling too high to feeling cozy.
PA140934TallViewOfPorchToSouth

As many pictures as I've taken, a post like this make me realize that I haven't taken nearly enough.

You can see some of the insides here.

Thanks to Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch.




And thanks to Hooked on Houses.

Terry