.

Fresh blogging air

Hooked on Houses is hosting her "Hooked on Friday's" blog party: This Friday I'm hooked on The Skirted Roundtable.

Know why? It's a breath of fresh air. It's a little jolt to the community surrounding Megan from Beach Bungalow 8, Linda from ::Surroundings::, and Joni from Cote de Texas.

And I'm ready for some fresh air.

Why is it so fresh? Blog readers interact at glacial speeds via email and blog comments. Here we have actual human conversations. We're making personal connections.

I don't know about you but, all the design TV, magazine, and blogs have put me into design overload.

So when the Skirted Roundtable pops up out of nowhere; when The Blue Remembered Hills pops up in Atlanta on January 9 with the question: "Did the world need another interior design blog?" I get my second wind.

Has everything been done?

Quote from the GSO's (Great Skirted Ones) :
"...with all the design blogs today it gets harder and harder to find virgin topics."
This is how it feels. But if everything has been done, why can't I ever find what I want? Where are all the blogs about chia pet topiary?

(Pardon my flagrant use of Google bait. Let's see how soon Google ranks this page for "chia pet topiary" searches.)

To all you nice folks who commented on Jeff Shutters last week, thanks so much. We'll post again when something happens.)