.

Neil Reed house with amazing shutter colors in Druid Hills and another pink house

On January 9 Fellow Atlanta blogger "Things that Inspire" posted "French Inspired Houses (aka, My Dream Home 2009)" showing some great French style homes in Atlanta. I suggested she get down to Druid Hills: bunches of great houses that don't hide on estate lots. This Neil Reed design is one of my faves, not French but Georgian with a fancy front door. Understated high style.
P1141700Reid-Fairvew-Detail
I think the shutter color is stunningly feminine. Different lighting during the day and seasons modulate the pale color of the brick. Sometimes the brick looks pink as in this picture. It's not pink but I remember it as pink.

Here is the whole facade, it doesn't scream high-style. (Note: make sure your great facades face south.) You can see how the feminine shutter color balances the masculine mass of the house. It's the feminine that stays with me.
P1141700Reid-Fairvew

While pink is on my mind here is another pink house nearby in Druid Hills. It's a relatively new, way-above-average cluster home, French / Italian style. It's a beauty that sits proudly on the street.
P1131691-Pink-Druid-Hills-Clifton
You need to see it in winter before the leaves hide it.